As the Concrete Construction Manager you are fulfilling a critical Leadership & Client Relations role. You must be able to work with the current Project Team in place, including the General Contractor, Various other Sub Contractors, the Owner’s Rep “CM”, the Design Team and the Owner themselves when necessary. You must possess critical and analytical thinking skills, be well versed in standard computer operations (Microsoft Suite), be able to assist in the maintenance of an as-built schedule, draft and submit RFI’s and Submittals, assist with Subcontract and Purchase Order execution and assist with monthly Billings and Change Management. You will be responsible for the overall running of the Field Office at the jobsite.
- Oversee and direct commercial construction projects from conception to completion.
- Conducting project scheduling and as-built schedule management
- Manage and prioritize the project budget
- Negotiate various aspects of our work including buy-out and changes in work
- Prepare and review subcontracts and purchase order agreements
- Analyze and prepare structural concrete formwork and design requirements for shoring design engineers
- Review and approve all change orders, billings and cost control budget adjustments
- Conduct Reinforced and Post Tensioned Concrete Analysis
- Prepare pour sequence for overall project
- Conduct structural concrete and reinforcement quantity estimation & generate cost report
- Ensure timely submittal of cost reports and effectively communicate risk and projections to senior management.
Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, Architectural Engineering or a related discipline. A minimum of two to three years of experience as an Assistant Project Manager, Project Manager, or related occupation. The required experience must include two years of experience conducting commercial construction project scheduling, preparing and reviewing subcontracts, conducting reinforced and post tensioned concrete analysis, analyzing concrete formwork and design requirements and conducting structural concrete and reinforcement quantity estimation. Plan reading skills and preconstruction experience are an essential part of this career. Must have a valid driver’s license and be able to travel within the Austin, Texas area.
We offer excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, 401K and competitive salary.
Disclaimer: This job description represents the basic qualifications for the position. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. You may be asked to perform or assist with other instructions and duties. You will be evaluated, in part, based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description. Management has the right to revise this job description at any time.