Largo Concrete, Inc. is a full service self-performing structural concrete and general contractor. We have been a family-owned business for over 30 years. We are seeking an experienced Construction Concrete Estimator.
- Review project plans and specifications to interpret and determine scope of work and required contents of estimates.
- Utilize estimating spreadsheet to conduct takeoffs and quantify project components based on plans and specs.
- Work with the sales and estimating team to build the project estimate and proposal for submittal.
- Assist in the preparation of a preliminary project schedule based on the information provided in the plans and specifications.
- Coordinate with sub-contractors and suppliers about resources needed for project and price accordingly.
- Communicate and follow-up with subcontractors and suppliers to solicit quotations for each project.
- Review quotations/pricing from subcontractors and suppliers for completeness.
- Research pricing for estimates based on historical and regional costs.
- Work with the team to close the estimate and generate a proposal.
- Transportation to attend job walks and presentations as needed
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 3 years estimator
- Ability to read and interpret construction drawings and specifications.
- Strong math ability.
- Good computer skills; MS Excel, Word, Outlook, BlueBeam, Bidscreen.
- Detail oriented.
- Strong organizational skills.
We are seeking qualified candidates that are available to start immediately. We strongly prefer local candidates or those with prior plans to relocate. Please note that we do not pay for relocation expenses. All qualified candidates will be contacted directly. No phone calls please.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer that offers excellent benefits including 401K, PTO, medical, dental, vision, STD, and Life Insurance. For more information on our company please visit www.largoconcrete.com.
Disclaimer: This job description represents the basic qualifications for the position. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. You may be asked to perform or assist with other instructions and duties. You will be evaluated, in part, based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description. Management has the right to revise this job description at any time.